Fairway Bay weekend is upon us, so just a few reminders for those of you who are joining us:
- Do your best to to be within Gulf Harbour/ Fairway bay by 1300hrs Saturday 11 Nov to enter when the swing- pontoon is opened. In practice, you will be able to enter the basin for around an hour before the gate is closed, but it will be ideal if all can enter around the same time.
- Could a larger boat please set the first anchor, with the next few boats rafting up, followed by another set anchor and so- on. There is no current, and absolutely minimal breeze so dragging or tangles are not an issue. Be careful however to not motor over the semi- submerged mooring line.
- Bring a tender so that you can row ashore (to beach or pontoon)
- Cafe open 1000-1500hrs Sat and Sun
- Yogi’s Bar open from 1700hrs ’til late (no BYO drinks ashore please, liquor licence and let’s support our hosts) Bar snacks will be available.
- BBQ available clean and ready ashore for you to cook on from 1700hrs, remember your BBQ utensils 🙂
- Sunday gate will be opening for departure at 1100hrs (or sooner if all in agreement).
If you have a problem on the day, engine breakdown, hit a log and sprung a leak etc, phone Launch Captain Angus on Mahanui (0274 957 665). Others can get there by road and join us onshore. Remember- plenty of depth for deep draft yachts and launches!