Launched in 1948 she is an A class and 45 ft long 9ft wide.
Lidguard built, Eric Cox designed and always sailed and raced in and around Auckland and the North. We have worked on her for 13 years and now she is looking as good as she can, not having her 5 years back in the shed, to be completely restored. She has always been our family boat and we have used her every season and maintained her throughout.
She has had professional underwater work and has been largely re-caulked. She has been stripped back re-primed and antifouled about 7 years ago. She is re-antifouled at least every season. She has been hauled for the last 9 winters at home, at the Weiti Boating Club.
She has been totally re-painted and varnished, inside and out and is the characteristic “l’eau de Nile”(pale green)
- Pressurised water system
- RE-furbished heads and new loo
- RE-built forepeak with 3 bunks one double one single.
- New storage
- Cockpit re-built
- Decks stripped and painted
- Topsides sanded back and painted pale green
- Galley re-built
- New squabs and covers 2020
- Painted inside 2019
- Standing rigging replaced 2018
- Main 2016 plus full sized spare
- Furlex roller furler and headsail
- Excellent anchor winch and chain.
- Automatic bilge pump
- Hinemoa 2
- 2 water tanks 350 litres total
- Hot water
- Cockpit shower
- Fridge (original)
- Freezer (original)
- Wet hanging locker
- Well equipped galley
- Good headroom
- Tiller steering
- Bait board
- Wind generator and solar panels
- Yanmar 22HP
- Fuel tank 90 litres
- Speed, depth, wind, Chart plotter
Lying Weiti Boating Club
Contact Kate and James Fitness