Your privacy is important to us, and we are committed to ensuring that your personal
information is protected.
- Personal Information
Personal information is information about an identifiable individual and includes the individual’s name, address, email address, and telephone numbers. We collect information about you whenever you interact with us, for example when you book an event.We may store personal information we collect in any format we choose at our offices or at premises outside our offices, including data storage facilities or online storage located within or outside New Zealand, which may be operated by independent service contractors.
- Purposes for which we use your personal information
Personal information we collect and hold may be used by CYANZ (as applicable):
- to provide you with services and member benefits
- to register your membership with Yachting New Zealand
- to comply with our legal obligations.
We may also use personal information (as applicable):
- for contacting you regarding CYANZ
- for internal administration purposes such as invoicing and receipting and debt recovery (which may involve disclosing information to debt collectors)
- for providing you with member services, which may be via a third party
- for specific purposes we tell you about or you authorise.
We may not be able to provide you with the member services you are entitled to if you do not provide us with necessary personal information when requested to do so.
We will not provide your personal information to third parties for advertising purposes.
- Legal basis for the collection of your personal information
We process your personal information based on your written or oral consent. You may withdraw your consent at any time. The withdrawal of consent will not affect the lawfulness of processing based on consent before its withdrawal.
- Personal Information
We may need to disclose personal information to third parties (including other entities or individuals who assist us in providing services or who perform functions on our behalf, such as information technology and data storage providers), including in the course of providing member services to you. We may disclose personal information if:
- it is required or authorised by you
- it is required or authorised by law
- Contacting CYANZ
Under the Privacy Act 2020, individuals have rights of access to, and to request correction of, their personal information. You may also have rights under the EU
- Updates to this policy