Start times for Patio Bay are now online here cya-patio-bay-2016-start-list
The forecast is extremely light – see the snapshot below from Predict Wind or attached also.
I have tried to start all boats in similar wind conditions, while aiming to have the race finished by 1630hrs.
Please note the following:
- Please refer to the Sailing Instructions for all race information
- Start times are listed below. Time signals are to be taken from GPS time.
- Competitors who do choose to not start the race, or retire during the race for any reason, MUST advise the Yacht Captain on VHF Ch 77 or on mobile at 021 532 500
To all skippers with berths in the Viaduct or west of the Viaduct (including all of Westhaven, Westpark, Greenhithe etc.). Please note the following notice to mariners regarding the closure of the harbour in a line from the Viaduct to Bayswater Marina on Saturday morning. If you are berthed in the Viaduct or West of the Viaduct you will need to be east of this line prior to 0945hrs.
The 2.9 Km Harbour Crossing Ocean Swim will take place from the Viaduct Harbour Marina to Quinton Park Bayswater on Saturday 03 December 2016 between the hours 9.45 am and 12 o clock. Some 1750 swimmers will be identified by bright coloured caps and escorted across the harbour by clearly marked Patrol Craft. The Viaduct Harbour will be CLOSED to the public and authorised berth holders are requested to contact Viaduct Control on VHF Channel 73. The swim course area is RESERVED for the duration of the swim, all vessels should remain clear of the swimmers. All mariners are warned to navigate with caution during this event and to follow the instructions given by course marshals
Hi all – just a last reminder that the Patio Bay Passage Race is on this weekend! The forecast is light so it should be a really fantastic weekend. Entries are due by tomorrow – enter online or contact Joyce Talbot if you have any questions.
- Sailing instructions are located here or attached to this email.
- First starts are from 1030 hrs onwards. Mark Foy start times will be published on www.clasicyacht.org.nz and emailed out to all skippers by 1800 hrs on Friday 2nd December 2016 (at the latest).
- Start times are to be taken from GPS time.
- Please note the change in start line this year is now a line between yelow Orakei buoy and Yellow Torpedo Buoy. We are no longer starting at Northern Leading.
- Lastly, don’t forget there is a bottle of rum to be had for the best dressed crew!